Spring Baby Cardi
View this pattern online for free.
Or purchase the ad-free PDF above.
The body is worked in one piece from the bottom up to the underarms, then the back and fronts are worked separately to the shoulders with modified-drop shaping. Shoulders are seamed. The sleeves are worked flat, then set into the armholes and seamed.
Newborn (3, 6, 12, 18, 24) months
18 (19, 20¼, 21½, 22¾, 24)" / 45.5 (48.5, 51.5, 54.5, 58, 61) cm chest circumference, buttoned.
Worsted weight (CYCA #4 Medium)
about 250 (275, 325, 360, 400, 460) yds / 230 (250, 300, 330, 370, 420) m.
Shown in: Classic Elite's Classic Silk (50% cotton, 30% silk, 20% nylon; 135 yds / 124 m, 50 g): 2 (3, 3, 3, 4, 4) balls
Color Shown #6509 Old Lilac
Size US 5 / 3.75 mm, or size needed to obtain gauge.
Three 5/8" / 23 mm buttons
20 sts and 28 rows = 4" / 10 cm in Ribbing Pattern. Take time to save time, check your gauge.
- The first sleeve may be used as a gauge swatch.
- Be careful to wash and dry your ribbing swatch before measuring gauge.
- This ribbing pattern pulls in more than the lace pattern with some yarns. If this is problem, using a smaller needle size for the 13 rows of the Lace Pattern is recommended.
- Three separate balls will be needed for the body. If fewer than three balls are required for your project, divide them into three balls before casting on the body.
- The body is worked as one piece from the bottom up. At the under arms, stitches are bound off for the underarms as the back and fronts are divided. The fronts and back are worked simultaneously from the underarm to the shoulders, using three separate balls of yarn.
- The sleeves are worked flat from the cuff up.
- Shoulders are seamed then the sides of the sleeves are seamed and set into the armholes. Buttonbands are added and buttons are attached.