A Unique Spring Top - Homa April 29, 2022 07:10
The Homa Sweater is one of my all-time favorite Spring tops! It has a unique side-to-side and top-down construction that's fun and enjoyable to knit. Keep reading for more details, videos, tutorials and discounts.
One side of the upper body is worked from the center neck toward the shoulder. The back begins with a provisional cast on. The shoulder is shaped with decreases, then short-rows are worked to shape the sleeve cap. The sleeve is joined to work in the round and worked to the cuff.
Stitches for the second side are picked up from the provisional cast-on and worked in the same manner to the other sleeve cuff.
Then the body stitches are picked up around the lower edge of the upper bodice and worked down, in a simple lace pattern.
In this video, I summarize what to expect while making the Homa Sweater.
• Provisional Cast On (view the Tutorial)
• Stockinette Stitch in the round on small and large circumference
• Stockinette Stitch worked in rows
• Increases (m1, m1p, yo)
• Decreases (k2tog, ssk, s2kp)
• Picking up stitches
• Backwards Loop Cast-on Method (view the Tutorial)
• 7 sizes, to fit between 31" – 52" (80 – 133 cm) bust circumferences
• 8 pages of tech-edited instructions.
• Detailed written instructions
• Beautiful color photography
• Professional pattern layout
Get the Pattern
Use the code HOMA10 to save 10%
Sale ends May 7, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.
Patreon "Stitches" Get Free Patterns:
The Homa Sweater pattern is available on Patreon for free until May 31, 2022.
Plus, there's more!