Pattern Highlight - Cinders August 25, 2022 07:02
With my laptop being broken this summer, it's been a few months since I've highlighted (or published) a pattern. With the cooler weather on its way I want to invite in the Fall season with Cinders!
It was originally published in Twist Collective, many, many years ago, but it's one I love, with its seamless raglan construction and pretty cables.
It's worked seamlessly from the bottom up, beginning by working the sleeves in the round in Stockinette stitch. Then the body is worked to the underarms, with waist shaping.
At the underarms, the body and sleeves are joined and worked together for the yoke, decreasing along raglan markers to the neckline.
The neck stitches are bound off for stability, and then the turtleneck stitches are picked up and knit. The underarm stitches are joined with a three-needle bind-off.Techniques Used:
• Circular knitting in large and small circumferences
• Picking up stitches
• Increases (M1, RLI and LLI)
• Decreases (k2tog, ssk)
• Three-Needle Bind-Off
• Jeny's Suprisingly Stretchy Bind Off (for bound-off edge of turtleneck)
• 8 sizes, to fit between 31" – 57" / 79 - 146 cm bust circumferences
• 6 pages of tech-edited instructions.
• Detailed written and charted instructions
• Imperial and metric measurements
Get the Pattern
Use the code cinders10 to save 10%
Sale ends Sept 7, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.
Patreon "Stitches" Get Free Patterns:
The Cinders pattern is available on Patreon for free until Sept 30, 2022.