It's time for Autumn Field Socks! September 27, 2021 10:33
The Autumn Field Socks pattern is here! Just in time for the chilly autumn weather. I'm ready to settle in with something warm to drink, and knit by the fire. You?
With this pattern, you can make legwarmers, or long socks to keep your calves and feet stylishly warm this season. The pattern is available individually as a PDF and printed and I've also teamed up with Ancient Arts Fibers to offer the pattern with their Nettle Soft DK yarn as a kit!
I love wearing mine over comfy black leggings, with some regular black socks to help make the lace really pop, and for that extra cozy feeling of double socks.
As with all my new self-published patterns, Patreon patrons get this pattern for free for the first month it's available. This offer ends October 31, 2021.
If you join my Patreon before September 30, 2021, you'll also get last months pattern for free, too. That's nearly $13 worth of patterns for $5.
They're worked from the cuff down, starting with a tubular cast on. Links to video tutorials are sprinkled throughout the pattern for things like the tubular cast on and the right and left twist stitches that flow down the sides of the calf.
There's also a video tutorial for how to do the kitchener stitch at the toe!
Isn't that lace gorgeous?!? I think my 7-year-old son, Ollie, did a great job on the photography! I really can't get enough of these socks, and I'm working on a pair of bright yellow legwarmers for days when I'm feeling a little more bold.
• Knitting and purling on small-circumference needles (double-pointed, magic loop or whatever you prefer)
• Lace and cable stitch patterns from charts or written instructions
• Increase Stitches: yo
• Decrease Stitches: k2tog, p2tog, ssk, s2kp
• Right Twist (RT) and Left Twist (LT) cables (video links included)
• Knitting through the back loop
• Slipping stitches
• Tubular cast-on (video tutorial included)
• Tubular bind-off (for legwarmers; video tutorial included)
• Short-rows (for heel turn)
• Kitchener stitch (video tutorial included)
• 8 pages of tech-edited and pattern tested instructions.
• Sock and Legwarmer instructions
• Charted and written lace and cable pattern instructions
• Detailed written instructions for the sock/legwarmer construction
• Beautiful color photography
• Professional pattern layout